African Player Of The Year: CAF Retains Victor Moses
Hopes of having a Nigerian win the Africa Player of The Year Award is still very much alive despite the dropping of 19 players from the original shortlist of nominees.
Two Nigerians; William Troost Ekong and Victor Moses made it into the 30-man shortlist but only the later survived the first hurdle as the list has now been reduced to 11 players.
A Nigerian, Junior Ajayi also made it into the trimmed list for Player of the Year (Based in Africa) categories.
The second and final phase will involve Head Coaches or Technical Directors of the National Associations taking part in the voting exercise and ten members from the Independent Media and TV Consultants group.
For the first time, captains of the senior men’s national teams of the affiliated National Associations will also take part in the decision-making process of the African Player of the Year and Player of the Year (Based in Africa).
The Awards Gala will take place on Thursday, 4 January 2018 in Accra, Ghana
African Player of the Year (alphabetical order)
1. Bertrand Traore (Burkina Faso & Olympique Lyon)
2. Denis Onyango (Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns)
3. Karim El Ahmadi (Morocco & Feyenoord)
4. Keita Balde (Senegal & Monaco)
5. Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
6. Naby Keita (Guinea & RB Leipzig)
7. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & B. Dortmund)
8. Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
9. Victor Moses (Nigeria & Chelsea)
10. Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon & Porto)
11. Yacine Brahimi (Algeria & Porto)
ALSO WATCH: Bounce Sports Ep. 1: Who Deserved The FIFA Best Men's Player Awards?