8 Stylish Ways You Can Rock Ankara To Work On A Monday
What's not to love about ankara prints?
They're colourful, versatile and great for the repressive Nigerian weather.
Ankara prints have evolved over time rising above "stay-at-home wrappers" and aso-ebis for events to the daily staples they currently are, which can be rocked anywhere from work to a red-carpet event.
More so, ankara prints are now also used in making accessories like bags, shoes and even neck-pieces.
With all of these options, there are a variety of ways through which you can incorporate ankara fabrics into your wardrobe, and more specifically style them to work on a Monday morning for the ultimate power look.
Here are 8 stylish ways you can rock ankara to work on a Monday, or any other day of the week for that matter.
1. As a blazer: nothing speaks work chic better than a well-tailored blazer. Ankara blazers can be very stylish and versatile. Be sure to pair with a solid colour bottom in order to really make a statement.
2. A killer midi skirt: another great way to rock ankara print to work on a Monday is as a midi skirt. Whether flared or fitted, midi skirts are great because they create a flattering silhouette, and an ankara skirt can be just as stylish. Also pair with a solid coloured top, and stylish accessories.
3. A midi dress: just like the midi skirt, an ankara midi dress is another way to effortlessly slay a Monday morning.
4. A jumpsuit: when in doubt, wear a jumpsuit.The great thing about ankara jumpsuits is that they can be achieved by combining a mix of prints.
5. A statement blouse: stand out from the crowd in a statement ankara blouse paired with either a skirt or a pair of trousers.
6. Donned in a pair of shoes or handbag: these days, ankara isn't just restricted to making clothes, ankara prints are used to make all kinds of shoes from heels to sneakers. Ankara bags are also all the rage and what better way to standout on a Monday than in a statement piece.
7. Then there's the colourful head-wrap: were you too busy to get your hair done over the weekend? Or perhaps you're bored of your hairstyle and looking to switch things up a bit? Then throw on a colourful ankara head-wrap for the ultimate boho-chic look.
8. As a neck-piece: just as with shoes and bags, ankara fabrics are also used in making statement neck-pieces which can be used to jazz up any outfit.