8 Reasons Osun Workers Suspended Indefinite Strike
Labour unions in Osun state have suspended the industrial action embarked upon last week Wednesday.
The Labour leaders announced the suspension of the strike following days of meetings with the state government officials.
Sources at the meetings disclosed to Bounce News that the labour leaders and government entered into agreement on some of the demands of the workers.
The sources said that though there was compromise between the two sides, labour had to sheath its sword after government assented to those major demands it put forward at the meetings.
The demands agreed upon, as stated by them, included the following:
1. Promotion up to date without condition agreed
2. Conversion without condition agreed
3. Confirmation of new employees agreed
4. Contributory Pension N1billion naira agreed
5. Advancement agreed
6. Full salary for the month of December agreed
7. Certificate screenings report must be submitted on or before the second week of January
8. Full pensions for those collecting below N30,000 and 75% for above N30,000.
WATCH: The New Age of #DigitalRunsGirls