7 Things About Buhari Osinbajo Highlighted At Mid-Term Scorecard Book Launch
A book seen as a mid-term scorecard of President Muhammadu Buhari's administration has been made public.
The book entitled "Making Steady, Sustainable Progress" was written by the media team of the President and others within the current administration.
It was launched on Thursday at the Old Banquet Hall, State House, Abuja.
At the launch, a few things were highlighted about the President that were not included in the book which was printed months ago while the President was on medical vacation in London.
Professor Yemi Osinbajo said:
1. Buhari has not been afraid to take the bold decisions even when they are criticized, Professor Osinbajo said, stressing that you cannot be a Buhari and shy away from tough decisions.
2. Buhari takes only half of his salary that is below 2 million Naira.
3. You won’t dare to discuss any private benefit on a project let alone a bribe or offer a kick-back to President Buhari.
4. The prudence and honesty of the President Buhari administration ensured that despite the economic downturn, the Federal Government was able to support the States and also spend 1.3 trillion Naira on capital expenditure.
5. Buhari is never flattered, or carried away by praise or adulation.
6. One of such things, is the exemplary frugality, the honesty and humility, and sense of humour of Mr. President.
7. President Buhari had at one time while he was away reminded Professor Osinbajo that he would run the affairs of Nigeria if he could not return to Nigeria. "I rely on your judgment keep doing your best, what if I drop dead?! You would have to run it anyway," Professor Osinbajo quoted Buhari as saying.