7 Reasons Your 'Partner' Masturbates
Dude - What are all these things I am seeing in your drawers?
Babe - They are my toys.
Dude - Your toys for which games?
Babe - See they are sex toys, they help me relax when I'm stressed out.
Dude - You are an 'ashawo'. I am not enough for you abi! Even if you put bamboo inside there, you won't be satisfied. I am done with this relationship... (walks out)
You may have had this conversation before or you know someone who has been down this path. The point is, most people never really admit they masturbate especially men who do not need to buy 'toys'. But we all know the open secret formula - Soap+water+magazine/video seems to get it done quickly.
Masturbation, or onanism, is stimulation, often manual, of the genitals for sexual gratification. Too much English.
It means getting sexually excited with the ultimate aim of getting an orgasm - I am sure you prefer to say 'come'.
Medical Doctor, Neel Burton supports masturbating and believes only super humans can consistently do it.
Here are 7 reasons he thinks it’s fantastic:
1. Pleasure, convenience and independence - Masturbation has no need of special equipment. It's simply using what you have to get the job done. You don't have to wait endlessly for your partner to be in the right frame of mind or for you to deserve it. You simply make it happen!
2. It's less complicated - Unlike sexual intercourse, it is very unlikely to lead to pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases such as human papilloma virus, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, and HIV/AIDS. It ensures no one is calling your phone a few months later to inform you that you will soon become a father. There is no emotional attachment involved as well.
It may seem selfish but many of you reading are saying - those 5 minutes of madness wrecked my life - I wish I never met him/her. What if you chose to stay home and masturbate?
3. It builds stronger and more intimate relationships - Contrary to popular talk, there is, a positive correlation between frequency of masturbation and frequency of intercourse. People who masturbate more are more sexually driven, and mutual masturbation is likely to increase the frequency and variety of sexual contact.
Masturbation can teach partners about each other's pleasure centers, preferences, and particularities. If one partner is more sexually driven than the other, masturbation can provide him or her with a chance to learn and balance the scales.
4. Better reproductive health - believe it or not, in males, masturbation flushes out old sperm with low motility and reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
If practiced before sexual intercourse, it can delay orgasm in males suffering from premature ejaculation. In females, it increases the chances of conception by altering the conditions in the vagina, cervix, and uterus.
It also protects against cervical infections by increasing the acidity of the cervical mucus and flushing out pathogens. In both females and males, it strengthens muscles in the pelvic floor and genital area, and contributes to extending the years of sexual activity.
5. Faster sleep - Masturbation promotes sleep by reducing stress and releasing feel-good hormones such as dopamine, endorphins, oxytocin, and prolactin. Orgasm brings on a state of stillness, serenity, and sleepiness, sometimes called 'the little death', which can usher in a deeper sleep. Need I say more?
6. Improves fitness levels - Masturbation is, in effect, a form of light exercise. Compared to regular exercise, it is more effective or efficient at reducing tension and releasing feel-good hormones.
The muscles and blood vessels relax, improving blood flow and lowering heart rate and blood pressure. No surprise, then, that there is an inverse correlation between frequency of orgasm and death from coronary heart disease.
7. Masturbation can reduce the perception of pain - When it is an individual activity, the person learns to overcome emotional dependence and explore his or her sexual identity. The individual also acquires greater self-awareness, self-control and self-esteem within their own private environment.
It provides an escape from the demands and limitations of reality, an outlet for the imagination in fantasy, and a medium for the memory in nostalgia.
So, would you have your partner masturbate or cheat on you?