6 Key Things Obasanjo Said After Meeting Atiku
Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Complex, Abeokuta, came alive on Thursday, October 11th after the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party Atiku Abubakar came calling.
He arrived the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Complex, Abeokuta, at 1.09pm and was received by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
The duo met behind closed doors along with the PDP National Chairman, Uche Secondus; his campaign director, Otunba Gbenga Daniel; Senator Ben Murray-Bruce; and a former Cross River State governor, Liyel Imoke, among others.
Here are however six key things Obasanjo said during his press conference after his meeting with Atiku
1) He referred to Atiku as the President-to-be
2) He said Atiku has shown remorse, asked for forgiveness and has indicated that he has learnt some good lessons.
3) He said there are still areas, nationally and internationally, where Atiku has to mend fences and make amends, and
that Atiku will know how to handle what is already out and what may yet be put out by the opposition.
4) Obasanjo said from what he personally knows of Atiku, he has the capacity to perform better than the incumbent, President Buhari and that Atiku surely understands the economy better; has business experience, which can make his administration business-friendly and boost the economy and provide jobs.
5) He advised Atiku to uphold truth, integrity, principles, morality and fight corruption, crimes and insurgency while asking him to defend the fundamental law of the land and the constitution.
6) He said Atiku will become Nigeria's next President.
Please share this story with your family and friends
ALSO WATCH TONY AND JONA ON BOUNCE DAILY ROUND