5 Reasons Why Buhari Is Going To London
President Muhammadu Buhari will on Monday embark on a fresh trip to the United Kingdom.
For some, the President is chiefly traveling to see his doctors in London, where he spent several months last year receiving treatment for an undisclosed ailment.
Though that has not been confirmed officially, here are FIVE other major reasons why the President is traveling at this time.
1. To hold discussions on Nigeria-British relations with Prime Minister, Mrs. Theresa
2. To attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meetings scheduled for 18th to 20th April, 2018.
3. The President is billed to meet the Chief Executive Officer of Royal Dutch Plc, Mr. Ben van Beurden, in connection with Shell and other partners’ plan to invest $15bn in Nigeria’s oil industry.
These investment ventures will lay the foundation for the next 20 years’ production and domestic gas supply, bringing with it all the attendant benefits both to the economy and the wider society.
4. President Buhari is due to renew discussions with the Archbishop of Canterbury, The Most Rev. and Rt. Hon. Justin Welby, a good friend of the President on inter-religious harmony in Nigeria and worldwide.
5. President Buhari will hold further meetings to see some prominent British and Nigerians residing in Britain.
WATCH: Crazy Legs: A Physically Challenged Man Who Would Rather Work Than Beg On The Street