5- Month-Old Baby Dies In Lagos Inferno
The incident happened at 28 Adeyoola Street, around Kola Bus Stop.
It was gathered that the inferno started at about 12:10p.m, when many of the occupants had left for work.
The mother of the baby was said to be cooking inside her room at the right wing of the house.
It was learnt that the baby, who was asleep, was left in the room by her mother before the fire started.
The cooking pot was said to have gone up in flames, while the woman was engaged in some activity at the back of the building.
A co-tenant, who noticed the flame raised alarm but the fire spread quickly consuming all items in the room within seconds.
During the inferno, eight rooms were affected with properties worth hundreds of thousands of naira destroyed.
Officials of the Lagos State Fire Service and the State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), were on ground to put out the fire, after which the deceased baby was recovered and handed over to the Police.
Confirming the incident, Director of the State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, urged residents to desist from cooking in their rooms.