5 Healthy Habits To Practice When Trying To Get Pregnant
Pregnancy is a beautiful experience that many women would like to have at least once in their lifetime. As common as this phenomenon may seem, it doesn't come quite easy for some women and may require an extra effort to make it happen.
But thanks to science, women can now properly keep track of their menstrual cycles and also calculate their ovulation to know when the odds are in their favour as far as getting pregnant is concerned.
However, tracking your cycle is not enough. You need to take some conscious steps to increase your chances of having a baby.
Here are 5 healthy habits to practice when trying to get pregnant.
1. Eat healthy: The kind of food you eat plays a role in boosting your fertility. Try as much as possible to eat a balanced meal and ensure you eat lots of fruits and dark leafy vegetables too. Also, reduce your intake of processed foods and alcohol.
2. Drink water: Aside from keeping you hydrated, water also cleanses your system and flushes out toxins from your body. Drink a glass of water in the morning before taking any meal. Water also improves your digestion and promotes good bowel movement.
3. Exercise: You don't necessarily have to get a gym membership; simple exercise routines are fine too. You could do a bit of jogging or a mix of sit ups and side lifts. Just make sure to work your muscles daily so you stay in shape.
4. Have lots of sex: Of course! How else do you expect to get pregnant? Regular sex, especially during your fertile season increases your chances of conceiving. But don't turn it into a chore. You should totally have fun while making a baby.
5. Rest: As much as possible, rest. Stress can work against your body in so many ways, so relax and learn to take time off to rest when you have to. It also helps to be optimistic, so stay positive and hope for the best.
Found this article useful? Share with someone it could help.
Also watch: CJ Obasi | How 'Mami Wata' Almost Drove Investors Away From Me