5 CAF Confederation Cup Group Facts
Group stage matches of the CAF Confederation Cup begin this weekend across Africa.
Nigerian club, Rivers United, will be playing against Tunisia’s Club Africain on Sunday in Rades as the round-robin stage begins.
Here are five CAF Confederation Cup group facts ahead of match-day 1:
1. The 312 group matches since the competition debuted in 2004 have resulted in 183 home victories, 59 away victories and 70 draws.
2. A total of 727 goals have been scored at an average of 2.3 per match. The highest season average was 2.7 (2006, 2007, 2008) and the lowest 1.7 (2015).
3. Ismaily of Egypt and Entente Setif of Algeria share the record winning margin through 6-0 victories over FC 105 of Gabon and Santos of Angola respectively.
4. AC Leopards of Congo Brazzaville achieved the biggest away victory when they defeated Coton Sport of Cameroon 4-0 in Garoua three years ago.
5. Etoile Sahel of Tunisia won all six matches in 2006; while Fello Stars of Guinea in 2005 and JS Kabylie of Algeria in 2011 lost all six.