NAPTIP says no stone will be left upturned while it unravels the mystery behind the death of 26 Nigerian women on the Italian coast city of Salerno.

NAPTIP's Director of Press and Public Relations, Josiah Emerole says that the statistics of deaths of Nigerians, which had occurred as a result of illegal migration on the Mediterranean Sea is inching into thousands.

ALSO READ: 26 Teenage Nigerian Women Found Dead At Sea

It had been reported on Monday that the remains of 26 Nigerian women believed to be migrants were recovered from a Spanish warship, Cantabria, which docked in Salerno, and was found to be carrying 375 rescued migrants and the dead women.

According to the report, 23 of the dead women were on a rubber boat with 64 other persons.

The spokesman for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Marco Rotunno, had said the 26 dead Nigerians were involved in a shipwreck off the coast of Libya.

Emerole said such untimely deaths are the impact of senseless trips by road and sea in search of greener pastures.

Also Read: Bounce News Nigeria Wins 2017 AppsAfrica Award

#BeninToEurope5050: How Nigerians Travel To Europe By Land