The chickens have come home to roost.

They swore Nigeria would never know peace and embarked on relentless bloodletting, now they must pay for their sins.

The Ministry of Justice said on Monday it had convicted more than 200 people on charges related to their involvement with the cut-throat militant Islamist group Boko Haram.

The convictions of 205 people in mass trials mark the conclusion of the second stage of the country’s biggest legal challenge to Boko Haram.

“Most of them were convicted for professing to belong to the terrorist group, (or) concealing information about the group which they knew or believe to be of material assistance that could lead to the arrest, prosecution or conviction of Boko Haram members,” the justice ministry said in a statement.

Also Read: Get Shekau Dead Or Alive, Buratai Charges Troops

All of them would spend no fewer than 60 years, said the ministry.

It also said a total of 526 people allegedly affiliated with Boko Haram had been released for rehabilitation during the second stage, while 73 cases had been adjourned.

Some whose cases were heard last week at a detention centre in Minna had been held without trial since 2010. Some have now been released for lack of evidence against them.

More than 20,000 people have been killed and two million forced to flee their homes since the insurgency began.

Also Watch: Boko Haram: The Untold Borno Stories