2018 African Wrestling Championship: Gov. Wike Appoints 13-Man Committee
Rivers state governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike (CON) has appointed a 13-man committee for the 2018 African Wrestling Championship.
Members are to be inaugurated at the Rivers State Government House on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 1 pm.
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has promised that all facilities will be in place for the hosting of the African Wrestling Championship in Port Harcourt and during Meskout’s visit, the possibility of building an academy was also discussed.
Members are expected to be seated at 12:30 pm prompt.
The 2018 African Wrestling Championship will be taking place from February 7th – 11th, 2018.
Members of the committee include:
1. Boma Iyaye – Commissioner of Sports (Chairman)
2. Daniel Igali – President Nigeria Wrestling Federation (Vice Chairman)
3. Stephen Adue – Director (Admin), Ministry of Sports (Secretary)
4. Barrister Emma Okah – Commissioner of Information (Member)
5. Professor Princewill Chike – Commissioner of Health (Member)
6. Mrs Tonye Briggs Onyide – Commissioner of Culture (Member)
7. Mr Honour Sirawoo – President SWAN (Member)
8. Representative of Federal Minister of Sports
9. Commissioner of Police/Rep member
10. Chief Jackson Bidei – (Representative of Nigeria Wrestling Federation)
11. J.J Kio – Member
12. Ambassador Koko – Chief of Protocol/Senior special assistant
13. Falilat Ogunkoya – Nigeria Olympic Committee
ALSO WATCH: #BIAFRA904