Video-sharing website, YouTube is taking fight against online content extremism to a different level.

On Tuesday, Google announced that it would deploy a staff of 10,000 to hunt down extremist content on its YouTube platform.

The chief executive of the company, Susan Wojcicki, told Britain's Daily Telegraph on Tuesday that her company had developed "computer-learning" technology to identify extremist videos, and that it could also be used to identify content that risked children's safety.

Also Read: London Mayor Wants YouTube To Remove Videos ‘Encouraging Knife Crime’

Wojcicki admitted in the newspaper that "bad actors" had used the website to "mislead, manipulate, harass or even harm."

British Prime Minister, Theresa May, has put pressure on internet giants to root out online radical material following a spate of terror attacks, while YouTube last week pulled 150,000 videos of children after lewd comments about them were posted by viewers.

"We will continue the growth of our teams, with the goal of bringing the total number of people across Google working to address content that might violate our policies to over 10,000 in 2018," Wojcicki said. 

Also Watch: The New Age of #DigitalRunsGirls