Kevin Walsh had already given up and was about taking his life when a beautiful angel stopped him.

Blake Walsh put a call through to Kevin at the right moment after a long break in communication and it saved his life.

“I was probably somewhere between 5 to 10 seconds away from taking my own life,” Walsh, of Indianapolis, said. 

“Nobody but her could have spoken a word of reason to me.”

Kevin, 28, and his bride Blake Walsh, 28, will soon be celebrating their one year anniversary — 10 years after he received that fateful phone call that saved his life and 15 years after they first met in camp.

Also Read: Arisekola's House Marked For Demolition

The happy couple met for the first time at Bair Lake Bible Camp in Michigan, when they were 13 years old. They were both at the archery station when Blake approached Kevin and said, “Black is a good color on you.”

The pair stayed friends throughout camp and after the summer, they kept in touch once in a while through AOL Instant Messenger until they met again the following summer at the same camp.

After that summer, they exchanged phone numbers and texted once in a while but eventually lost touch as they outgrew the camp.

Towards the end of high school, Kevin recalled falling into depression and becoming suicidal. He said he contemplated ending his life for a month before he wrote a note and decided to slit his wrists.

Moments before he would take his own life, Kevin said he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

Also Read: 'My Fish Farm Could Generate N2Billion In 12 Months' - Daniel Enebeli

“I was basically staring down the barrel of my own mortality,” Kevin said, but he answered the phone anyway.

“It was her. We hadn’t talked in a year and the one person I believed I would have opened up to called at that exact moment I had let everything go and was at peak vulnerability.”

When she asked what he was doing, Kevin admitted he was about to take his own life.

“Literally, all she said in that moment was, ‘What? Don’t do that,’” Kevin recalled.

After the life-saving phone call, Kevin and Blake stayed in touch and routinely visited one another despite living in different cities.