10 Things You Should Know About Ahmed Makarfi
The Supreme Court in Nigeria on Wednesday made Senator Ahmed Makarfi the authentic leader of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in a judgement largely viewed as the end of the leadership tussle.
A 3-man panel ruled that Ali Modu Sheriff, who had hitherto laid claims to the chairmanship of the party, should cease to parade himself as the National Chairman of the party.
Makarfi is the special one.
Here are a few things you should know about him.
1. He is 61 years old
2. He is an accountant
3. Makarfi attended Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
4. Has a Bachelor of science degree in Accounting
5. The new PDP Chairman was a lecturer. He lectured at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria for 6 years
6. Has a Masters Degree in Accounting and Finance
7. He was a banker and rose to the rank of an assistant General manager in Nigeria Universal Bank
8. Makarfi was a commissioner in Kaduna
9. Rose to Governorship position in Kaduna in 1999
10. He became a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2007