10 Things You Need To Know About New PDP Chairman
After days of political intrigues and last minute horse trading, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has elected Uche Secondus as its new National Chairman.
Secondus defeated a former Minister of Education, Professor Tunde Adeniran, and Founder of Daar Communications, Raymond Dokpesi, in a controversial election at its national convention held on Saturday in Abuja.
Here are 10 things you probably did not know about the new PDP Chairman
- The new PDP chairman is 62 years old. He was born in Andoni, Rivers State on March 22, 1955.
- He attended the London Chambers of Commerce Institute where he obtained a Certificate in Commerce.
- Secondus has been in politics for 39 years. He joined politics in 1978 during the Second Republic as the youth leader, in Rivers, for the now-defunct National Party of Nigeria, NPN.
- The new PDP chairman served as State Publicity Secretary of the National Republican Convention (NRC) from 1993–1998.
- In 2002, Secondus was elected Chairman of the Rivers State chapter of the PDP.
- Secondus became Deputy National Chairman of the PDP in 2013.
- While serving as state Chairman of the PDPr, he earned the sobriquet “Total Chairman”. He also headed an influential group in the National Executive Committee of the party, known as G.84.
- After the 2015 general elections, Secondus became acting Chairman of the PDP. He succeeded Adamu Mu’azu who left the party after it lost the 2015 general elections.
- Secondus is married to Ene Belema Secondus. The union is blessed with children including daughter Margret Tariah who recently got married to Abel Tariah.
- Secondus is the pioneer Chairman of the Governing Board of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
FOR MORE FRESH STORIES, DOWNLOAD BOUNCE NEWS APP HERE
Bounce Exclusive: The New Age of #DigitalRunsGirls