10 Things You Don’t Know About The Female Professor Who Wants To Unseat Buhari In 2019
The race for the 2019 Presidential Election has grown keener with the entry of a female contestant, Professor Olufunmilayo Adesanya-Davies.
Adesanya-Davies would be rubbing shoulders with veteran politicians who want to direct the affairs of Africa’s largest econmy.
Here are the ten things you probably did not know about her.
1. Olufunmilayo Adesanya-Davies is a linguist, educationist, educational consultant and an expert in the field of communication studies.
2. She holds several academic qualifications. Asides graduating with a B.A (Combined Honours) in English and Yoruba at the University of Ife, she also holds a Master degree in English Language and a Doctorate degree in Linguistics and Communication.
She is presently an Associate Professor of Linguistics with specialization in Applied Linguistics and Communication at the Rivers State University of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
3. Adesanya-Davies has made several contributions to communities both in the public and private sectors both locally and internationally. She is the Crest Editor and one of the erudite writers of the well-celebrated and Presidential endorsed book, presented to all the universities in Nigeria: The Jonathan/Sambo Presidency in Nigeria: A Symbol of Peace, Unity and Progress - Foreword by General Dr. Yakubu Gowon.
4. She won the Spill Leadership Award for Education and Capital Development Drive in Nigeria (2012) and was conferred with the Honors of Ambassador of Peace of Universal Federation of Peace (Nigeria Chapter) in 2012 at the International day of Peace.
5. She was recently conferred with ‘The Majesty Magazine’s ’Legend of Courage Award’ and the UN-POLAC World Peace Ambassador Award (Amb.P.) in recognition of her immense endorsement of the fundamental ideals and practices of the UNESCO through selfless services to humanity.
Little is known about what the future holds for this unprecedented candidacy, but one thing is for sure: Nigeria is in need of healing. Adesanya-Davies may be just the healer to attend to the wounds and begin the process.