10 Things Muslims Should Do On day Of Eid
Today is Eid- el- Fitri. Nigerian Muslims will join other Muslims across the globe to celebrate.
Here are ten things a Muslim should do on this day in order to have a rewarding and joyous celebration.
1) Eating after the Morning Prayer and before the Eid prayer. This symbolises the end of the compulsory fasting.
2) Bathing and wearing one’s best attire before going to the Eid prayer.
3) Walking to the praying ground rather than entering a car or bus (if the praying ground is of walking distance and does not burden or create a hardship).
4) It is from the tradition of Prophet Muhammad to go back to one’s house walking from a different route than that which was taken to get there.
5) Every Muslim should strive to attend the Eid prayer; men, women, and children. Even women who are unable to pray due to their menstrual cycle, are still encouraged to attend the celebration of the Muslims. However, she is not to join in the prayer.
6) Eid is a joyous occasion for the Muslims and should be celebrated with family, friends, and the community.
7) Praise Allah – Supplicate on your way to ‘Eid (Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Laillaha illalahu Allahu, Akbar, Walillahil Hamd) and it should continue the whole day.
8) Voluntary (Nafilat) are not offered on the ‘Eid ground. It is better that one just sit and keep reciting Takbir before the arrival of Imam.
9) After the completion of the prayer, Muslims should greet each other.
10) Later in the day, Muslims are advice to visit friends and family. Greet them with salaam, wish them ‘Eid Mubarak’, and share the joy of this auspicious day with them. This creates a bond between families and communities.
Wishing all our Muslim readers a blessed Eid-el-Fitri celebrations!